Here is a list with my public projects and activities:
- MPSSH.py – Mass Parallel Secure Shell command execution.
- Auto Screen Capture FV – takes a screenshot of your screen periodically. Used technologies: C# .NET.
- Temperature and humidity wireless data logger. Used technologies: Atmel, Xbee, Eagle PCB, ANSI C, Perl.
- Amazon Web Services Usage Report Visualizer – charts of your AWS usage. Used technologies: Google Application Engine, Python.
- A detailed profiler for the Google App Engine platform in Python – helps you to track down where your App Engine application is being slow, or expensive in terms of billable resources. Used technologies: Google Application Engine, Python.
- Bifferboard, a very cheap embedded computer which runs Linux:
- BiffAvrProg — an AVR programmer using Bifferboard as a hardware interface. Used technologies: Perl.
- Various articles and tutorials about running/installing Debian on Bifferboard.
- RRDtool Wizard – helps people use RRDTool easily. Used technologies: PHP, RRDTool library.
- popen-noshell – A much faster popen() and system() implementation for Linux. Used technologies: C, Valgrind.
- The Free Online E-mail Scheduler – deprecated by Google Calendar. You can take a look of what you missed: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2, Screenshot 3, Screenshot 4. Used technologies: PHP, MySQL.
- Some very old projects which date somewhere between the years 2000 and 2002.
There are many other back-end systems and scripts which I’ve done or contributed to, but unfortunately they are closed-source or protected by a NDA.
- Linux kernel network bug: Unable to flush ICMP redirect routes in kernel 3.0+ (fixed).
- ProFTPD bug #3648 – PUT (STOR) does not work properly after APPEND (APPE) has been used (fixed, duplicate of #3612).
- Sudo bug #447 – sudo hangs – race condition if SIGCHLD is received immediately before we call select() (fixed in sudo 1.7.5).
- Documentation bug #3564 in Google App Engine hooks (fixed after 1 year and 4 months).
- Linux kernel bug #14470 in networking stack (fixed).
- Demo and Live Server URLs typo at the documentation of Resellerclub API (fixed).
- Logwatch 7.3.6 typo in “scripts/services/exim” (fixed).
- Ubuntu bug #575306: nvidia-current (nvidia-xconfig) missing dependency on pkg-config (no interest by Ubuntu team).
- Ubuntu bug #575313: nvidia-settings missing dependency on python-gtk2 (fixed after 1 year and 8 months).
- Debian bug #550116: False “Can’t send mail: sendmail process failed” errors (fixed).
- GNU Bash bug: If you update a Bash script while executing it, you may end up in a funny situation. But you can’t beat the logic of the GNU guys… (won’t fix).
- PHP bug #45363: PHP forgets its custom session handler after session_destroy() was called (should be fixed in PHP 5.3).
- PHP bug #44754: Calling a bad eval() and then include(), resets $_REQUEST (won’t fix – PHP allows it, but I’m “not supposed to modify any super-globals”).
- Wine bug #12973: QIP stopped working. However I no longer use QIP or Wine – instead I switched to native Linux applications (fixed).