/contrib/famzah

Enthusiasm never stops

Motivation

1 Comment

Or why I started this blog?

As I already stated at my About page, I’m no experienced blogger and you may find out that my writing style in English is not very proficient. And short. My literature teacher in school used to tell me that I need to explain myself in a better detail, because it wasn’t enough to tell what I think, I had to explain it. Even though I couldn’t master that completely…

The reasons:

  • From time to time I struggle with something (usually technical), find out the solution to it and want to share it with the community, so that they don’t waste their time in finding out the very same solution. Instead they could use mine and/or make it better, thus helping the community even more.
  • I tend to forget a lot, so I need a place to keep my thoughts and be able to search them easily. It seems that I have a lot of notes in my current password-protected Wiki which are public, and very few which are private. Someone else might find these notes, links and thoughts useful too, so I’m making them public at this blog.

The style: I really don’t have much spare time and at the same time I have this problem that I want to make things perfect and research every detail, which takes a lot of time. I have to learn to make things faster, by completing them at 90% and finishing up the other 10% only if it really matters. So I’m not going to check every article like 10 times before posting it here (like I’m doing it now).
I hope that the information on the pages will be more valuable than the layout.

Advertisements

Author: Ivan Zahariev

An experienced Linux & IT enthusiast, Engineer by heart, Systems architect & developer.

One thought on “Motivation

  1. Hang in there. Blogging can be difficult like I’m finding out too, but so far it has been worth it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s